[R] Download limit

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:46:30 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM, agiani99 <agiani99 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> I am not under  firewall, but I noticed that when I setInternet2=FALSE the
> problem disappears.
> SetInternet2=TRUE is required to download Systematic Investor Toolbox (SIT).
> I don't know why or whether it makes sense, but yes it seems a connection
> problem and no
> it seems to have something to do with R or RStudio. Thanks for your time,
> though.
> Best
> Andrea

I think this is one of those situations where non-Windows folks just
shake their heads and sigh. I'm afraid I don't know enough about
Windows internet settings to comment (though BDR, Duncan M, Uwe, or
many of the other folks on this list much smarter than I could likely
explain it) but for now, I'm just happy to hear you got it working.

Cheers,
Michael