[R] Calculating the mean in one column with empty cells

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:07:12 CEST 2012

On Oct 6, 2012, at 4:54 PM, fxen3k <f.sehardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. As you said, I only have "as
> displayed" numbers. I just solved the problem by showing 25 decimal places
> in Excel and then exported the data into a CSV-file.
>
> Is there a better way to solve this?

Don't use Excel. (or at least find a way to get reasonable defaults) This isn't sarcastic: just acknowledging that instances like this show Excel really isn't a suitable tool for real data analysis (cf Pat Burns' 'Spreadsheet Addiction' paper)

Michael