[R] PKPD modelling in R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Oct 8 18:01:48 CEST 2012

On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:04 AM, "Kozielska-Reid MA, Magdalena" <m.a.kozielska-reid at pl.hanze.nl> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Does anyone know if nlmeODE package will work once odesolve is discontinued? If i understand well nlmeODE depends on odesolve.
> 2. Can anyone suggest another package I could use to fit complex PKPD models (described using differential equations) to data?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Magdalena

You should probably contact the author of nlmeODE to see if he plans to update his package to perhaps use deSolve instead as well as other CRAN required updates (eg. a NAMESPACE). nlmeODE has not been updated in well over two years, which would logically raise some suspicions. Presumably nlmeODE will begin to more materially fail CRAN checks once odesolve is formally deprecated and may itself be deprecated/orphaned as a result. It already has NOTE entries in the CRAN checks for problems already found.

If you have not, you might want to look at the CRAN task view here:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Pharmacokinetics.html

which might provide some possible alternatives.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz