[R] own function: computing time

Jan van der Laan rhelp at eoos.dds.nl
Wed Oct 10 21:34:11 CEST 2012

Did not see a simple way to make it faster. However, this is a piece of
code which can be made to run much faster in C. See below.

I don't know if you are familiar with running c-code from R. If not, the
official documentation is in the R Extensions manual. However, this is
not the most easy documentation for a first read. If you want to use the
c-code and have problems getting it running, let me/us know your
operating system and I/we will try to walk you through it.

HTH,
Jan

=== c-code ===
void foo(double* m, int* pn, int* r) {
   int n = *pn;
   double* pm1 = m;
   double* pm2 = m + n;
   int* pr = r;
   for (int i = 0; i < n; ++i, ++pm1, ++pm2, ++pr) {
     *pr = 1;
     double* qm1 = m;
     double* qm2 = m + n;
     for (int j = 0; j < n; ++j, ++qm1, ++qm2) {
       if ((*qm1 > *pm1) && (*qm2 > *pm2)) {
         *pr = 0;
         break;
       }