[R] performance analytics- package

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:48:01 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM, sheenmaria <sheenmaria6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In performance analytics  - performance summary  session , i cant run the
> code of -
> charts.PerformanceSummary(datafrom_table, rf = 0, main = NULL, method =
> "ModifiedVaR", width = 0,event.labels = NULL, ylog = FALSE, wealth.index =
> FALSE, gap = 12)
>
> it just return blank chart.
>
>  datafrom_table - having a csv file.
> and the rest of the things are get from the site
> https://www.rmetrics.org/files/Meielisalp2007/Presentations/Peterson.pdf
> but i dont get the result -
>
> could u please help me.

charts.PerformanceSummary() is well tested, so you'll need to supply
datafrom_table (or an approximation thereof) using the dput() function
to make this problem reproducible. Note that dput(datafrom_table) will
cause R to print a lot of what might seem to you "gibberish" but it's
important you copy and paste it directly into your reply to allow us
to replicate your problem.

If your dataset is large, use dput(head(datafrom_table, 30)) instead.

Finally, I note you're posting from Nabble. Please include context in
your reply -- I don't believe Nabble does this automatically, so
you'll need to manually include it. Most of the regular respondents on
this list don't use Nabble -- it is a _mailing list_ after all -- so
we don't get the forum view you do, only emails of the individual
posts. Combine that with the high volume of posts, and it's quite
difficult to trace a discussion if we all don't make sure to include
context.

Cheers,
Michael