[R] Exporting each row in the table as new table

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:56:08 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM, kallu <kallut80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to R and I am familiar with very basic stuff. I am trying to create
> tables in text format from each row of my table and export these tables with
> specific attribute in the table. I tried after reading some forums but
> nothing worked. Can you please help me.
>
> ex:
> dataGT
>
> ID      State   Year    Growth
> 1       IA      1999    25
> 2       IA      2000    27
> 3       KS      1999    35
> 4       KS      2000    31
> 5       KY      1999    14
> 6       KY      2000    18
> 7       NE      1999    34
> 8       NE      2000    38
>
> I am trying to have each row of the table as new table and need to export
> that table with name of of the ID.
>
> Please help me if possible. Thank you
> Kalyani

Hi Kalyani,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question: what do you mean in this
context by "table"? data frame()s? csv files? And in either case, why
are you splitting into single row objects? When you say "attribute" do
you mean the formal programming construct that is key to many things
in R or something simpler?

In short, could you elaborate further?

Finally, I note you're posting from Nabble. Please include context in
your reply -- I don't believe Nabble does this automatically, so
you'll need to manually include it. Most of the regular respondents on
this list don't use Nabble -- it is a _mailing list_ after all -- so
we don't get the forum view you do, only emails of the individual
posts. Combine that with the high volume of posts, and it's quite
difficult to trace a discussion if we all don't make sure to include
context.

This might also be of help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

Cheers,