[R] ks.test not working?

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Fri Oct 12 11:42:52 CEST 2012

Hello,

First of all, you should say which packages you are using. There is a
function ks.boot in package Matching and there are functions pgev in
several packages. For instance, package evd.
Apparently there is nothing wrong with ks.test, you simply are unable to
call ks.boot. So, write a ks_boot function with the same arguments as
ks.test plus an extra 'nboots' argument.

ks_boot <- function(x, y, ...,
         alternative = c("two.sided", "less", "greater"),
         exact = NULL, nboots = 1000){
     alt <- match.arg(alternative)
     n <- length(x)
     D <- numeric(nboots)
     p <- numeric(nboots)
     for(i in seq_len(nboots)){
         idx <- sample(n, n, replace = TRUE)
         ks <- ks.test(x[idx], y, ..., alternative = alt, exact = exact)
         D[i] <- ks$statistic
         p[i] <- ks$p.value
     }
     list(D = mean(D), p.value = mean(p), nboots = nboots)
}

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas