[R] Replace column values in R conditional on values from different column

Pascal Oettli kridox at ymail.com
Sat Oct 13 21:15:40 CEST 2012

Hello,

No need for a loop. "else if" doesn't exist in R. And Health2$CohenM and
Health2_CohenF have to be created first, in case of a loop

If Health2$q_5a only have 1 and 2 as possible values, just use "which"
and "-". And I would suggest to not add new variables in your data
frame, because you will include some NA. Create 2 new variables, then do
your different calculations on.

CohenM <- Health2$CohenSum[w]
CohenF <- Health2$CohenSum[-w]

Regards