[R] nnls() help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Oct 16 18:07:32 CEST 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 10:13 PM, Nicola Cesca wrote:

> I'm trying to get significance of coefficients as for lm() but I
> news help.

In order for there to be significance tests for the coefficients, the
problem would needs to be embedded in some sort of a probability
model. Such may be possible, ... but it is not immediately apparent to
me how that would be done. With lm() you are comparing the estimated
coefficients to 0, but I'm not sure that approach makes sense for nnls
models. (I quite wlling to be educated.)

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA