[R] Windows 7 R (32/64bit) running under cygwin: package not found

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:51:44 CEST 2012

On 16/10/2012 12:41 PM, Aldi Kraja wrote:
> Hi,
> Using R 2.15.1 on Windows 7. Have installed both versions 32 and 64bit.
> In both of them among others I have installed a package rgenoud
> When I open R gui of 32bit and write library(rgenoud) it responds by
> showing a functional rgenoud version  5.7-8. The same it does on Rgui
> 64bit.
>
> Now I am working in cygwin (v. 1.12.4.0) with xwin. Normally before when
> I had installed a package, I only had to call the library with the name
> of the package and R will find the right one to load.
>
> Now when I apply R CMD BATCH script1.R out1.txt, under cygwin the first
> thing it reports:
>
> R version 2.15.1 (2012-06-22) -- "Roasted Marshmallows"
> After some generalities it reports
>   >library(rgenoud)
> Error in library(rgenoud) : there is no package called 'rgenoud'
> Execution halted
>
> So my question is why under cygwin in a batch mode, it does not find the
> installed package, which is already installed in my laptop's R?

I think you'll need to debug this yourself, since you haven't given us
much to work with.  My guess would be that you have a different path so
you're finding a different R, but it could be something else.  (You
aren't using the R distributed by Cygwin, are you?  That one doesn't
work.  I don't know who put it into the Cygwin distribution, but they
obviously didn't test it.)

Duncan Murdoch