[R] Windows 7 R (32/64bit) running under cygwin: package not found

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Oct 16 20:19:04 CEST 2012

I do not think that this has anything to do with the issue at hand,
but just to clarify ...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Jeff Newmiller
<jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> Probably because when you run it from Cygwin the R_LIBS variable does not point to the user and install library directories. I don't know how Rgui knows where they are (registry?)

R for Windows need not use the registry at all, and does so optionally
for just a couple of minor issues. See the R for WIndows FAQ 2.17 for
details.

?library
?.libPaths

describe how R sets/gets library paths (including defaults).

Cheers,
Bert