[R] supply methods to read.table

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:07:09 CEST 2012

Brian <zenlines <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> I would like to optimize some data reading as well as clean up some
> code. The manual tells me to supply methods to colClasses but the manual
> and the methods documentation aren't helping...
> Can someone provide me an example please?

  Your post to the list from a minute before this seems
to give an example ... do you still have a question, or
is it resolved?  Can you give us a reproducible example
of what you're trying to do (e.g. the first few lines of
your data file, what you tried, what your results were,
and (if not obvious) why the results weren't what you
wanted/expected)?