[R] [Vars] package: impulse response function

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Oct 21 21:27:36 CEST 2012

Read the posting guide. We have no way to know what you are doing unless you show the list readers with sample data and code.

If you are wondering about Vector Autoregressive models, I don't claim any specific experience with them, but [1] says they are linear, and I do know that linear models respond in proportion to the magnitude of the input so you don't learn anything useful by changing the magnitude of the input.

I have used the Kronecker delta (impulse) function before, and I have never heard of anyone trying to ascribe a standard deviation to it... only impulse magnitude.

[1] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_autoregression
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing