[R] Trouble returning 2D array into R from Fortran

paulfjbrowne paulfj.browne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:24:10 CEST 2012

I haven't determined the root cause of the numerical accuracy bug yet (I
haven't determined a way to compare the values used when the code is run
from R as opposed to from a Fortran test), but I did have another issue with
retrieving the matrix from the Fortran code that I hoped you might be able
to help with. I'm very much a beginner user of R, so any help would be
appreciated.

The attached R file contains the R function that calls the Fortran
subroutines & code to make a test run.

The attached Fortran file is the Fortran wrapper subroutine called by R & a
second subroutine that it then calls to calculate the two elements of each
row of the output matrix.

When running this code, the matrix returned by the R function is incorrect
in that the returned elements are being stored sequentially down the first
row & then the second row of the 2D output matrix, rather than sequentially
across the two columns as desired.

Might you be able to point me to where I've written the code wrong so that
the output is being stored incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any help

parallax_Rhelp.f90
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4647005/parallax_Rhelp.f90>