[R] incomplete final line found by readTableHeader

Milan Bouchet-Valat nalimilan at club.fr
Wed Oct 24 10:42:14 CEST 2012

Le mardi 23 octobre 2012 à 20:36 -0700, Shane2012 a écrit :
> Thanks, Jeff
> This is from a course, but the course is just needed to take some
> slides for presentation. I just learn R by myself, and want this skill
> more practical. So I try to use the innovative way to perform a more
> professional presentation.hence, no worry about the homework support
> issue. However, I still got the problem, I think I did the right thing
> to make the excel, then change the extension to csv to make sure it
> has the appropriate comma in it.But the warning still be there. I will
> try other more. Thank you.
The warning is slightly ambiguous in this context. What it means is
*not* "the record/observation/individual is incomplete, i.e. needs one
more comma" but "the last line of the file is incomplete, i.e. does not
end with a line break".

This warning is completely innocuous in this case as David stated: you
can get rid of it by opening your CSV file with a text editor and adding
an empty line at the end of the file, but if you don't do this, things
will work as expected. To make it short: you don't have any problem. ;-)

Regards