[R] Kaplan Meier Post Hoc?

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Oct 25 13:50:30 CEST 2012

No, you didn't miss anything in the survival package.  I've never found post-hoc tests
interesting so have little motivation to add such (and a very long "to do" list of things
I would like to add).

If you simply must have them, why not do all pairwise tests?

chisq <- matrix(0., 4,4)
for (i in 1:4) {
     for (j in (1:4)[-i]) {
          temp <- survdiff(Surv(time, status) ~ group, data=mydata,
                              subset=(group %in% (unique(group))[c(i,j)]))
          chisq[i,j] <- temp$chisq
          }
     }

Terry Therneau