[R] error in lm

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:08:33 CET 2012

First your response in the formula is a matrix which causes the lm
function to return an object of type 'mlm' for multivariate linear
model.  Then when you run the stepAIC function it runs the addterm
function which looks for a method(function) to add terms to mlm
objects.  However nobody has written that particular method/function
(at least not in the packages that you have loaded), that's what it
means by 'no addterm method implemented for "mlm" models'.

You can write your own method, redo the process using only 1 response
term at a time, wait for someone else to write this method (it will
probably be a long wait unless you provide sufficient motivation), or
use other techniques (stepwise regression is not the best tool
anymore).