[R] Snallball, rJava, and R 2.15.1

Ashton, Triss Triss.Ashton at unt.edu
Wed Oct 31 17:04:21 CET 2012

No difference.

R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26) -- "Trick or Treat"
Copyright (C) 2012 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
> chooseCRANmirror()
> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/rJava_0.9-3.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 746108 bytes (728 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 728 Kb
package ‘rJava’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
The downloaded binary packages are in
        C:\Users\Triss\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpEJUIPF\downloaded_packages
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
  error: JAVA_HOME cannot be determined from the Registry
Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘rJava’
> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
also installing the dependencies ‘RWekajars’, ‘RWeka’
trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/RWekajars_3.7.7-1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 5521316 bytes (5.3 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 5.3 Mb
trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/RWeka_0.4-12.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 527842 bytes (515 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 515 Kb
trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.15/Snowball_0.0-8.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 386840 bytes (377 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 377 Kb
package ‘RWekajars’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
package ‘RWeka’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
package ‘Snowball’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
The downloaded binary packages are in
        C:\Users\Triss\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpEJUIPF\downloaded_packages
> local({pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available = TRUE)),graphics=TRUE)
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)})
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Snowball', details:
  call: NULL