[R] Predictions of every individual tree in Cforest

Boris Waelchli Boris.Waelchli at gmx.net
Fri Sep 7 17:57:08 CEST 2012

Hello everyone

I am a frequent user of Random Forests and have currently switch to apply cforest from the party package as it seems more appropriate to my current analysis.

The problem I have is that I would like to see the individual predictions each tree in the cforest does for each observation. With the classic Random Forests I could do so by application of:

>"random_forest_object"$predicted$individual

Resulting in a matrix with an observation in each row and the the single trees in the columns. The entries are the classes attributed to the observations by the trees.

But I fail to figure out how to do this with a cforest?

Help is very much appreciated.

best
Boris Wälchli