[R] pairwise comparisions

priya jaggari_ash at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 10 16:00:22 CEST 2012

Hi ,
 I am new to R . I am facing difficulty how to make pairwise comparisions.
For example. I have a file which looks like below
   a b c d
x  3 6 7 6
y  7 8 6 5
z  5 4 7 8
Here I need to look for the each pairwise comparisions (ab,ac,ad,bc,bd,cd
for each row)
For instance ,looking at first row, for x i need to look for ab values and
take the min(3,6) >5 ,if its satistfies the count should be noted, (now
count is 0), bc values ,min(6,7) >5 ,count for x =1 etc. Likewise all the
comparisons are made and count is noted for x,y,z.
Is there any function to make pairwise comparisions in R or any easy way to
do this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.