[R] histogram plot spacing problem

firespot firespot71 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:51:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

So I plot a histogram using the built-in hist function:

hist(rnorm(100), ...).

Now the y-axis starts at its lower end at 0 (very sensible, of course)
and that's where the baseline for the rectangles of the histogram is
drawn, but the x-axis itself is offset a bit to the lower. I.e. there is
some space between x-axis and null-point of y-axis / histogram lower end.
What do I need to do to get rid of that space, so that x- and y-axis
will intersect at y=0 ? Ideally the solution should be device- and
screen-size independent.

thanks!