[R] Return level plots

MichelleNCSU mlcipull at ncsu.edu
Fri Sep 21 16:17:04 CEST 2012

Hello,

First of all, let me apologize that my statistics background is modest at
best.

I am doing some extreme value analysis on model output (WRF) which have the
following dimensions:

speed(time,lat,lon)

I am trying to fit the GPD (gpd.fit) to each point (time,lat,lon) to get a
return level plot with values at each grid point.  (Map with return level by
location.)

Here is some code I tried, following similar structure to languages I'm more
familiar with, but it isn't working.

Y = as.matrix(time,lat,lon)

 for (t in 1:67)
+ for (j in 1:106)
+ for (i in 1:193)
+ fit(t,j,i)<-gpd.fit(speed(t,j,i), threshold=17,ydat = Y)

I receive errors at this point, and cant figure out how to get individual
fits at each grid point.

Thanks,

Michelle