[R] Submit a new script after all parallel jobs have completed

francesca casalino francy.casalino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:19:46 CEST 2012

Dear R experts,

I have an R script that creates multiple scripts and submits these
simultaneously to a computer cluster, and after all of the multiple
scripts have completed and the output has been written in the
respective folders, I would like to automatically launch another R
script that works on these outputs.

I haven't been able to figure out whether there is a way to do this in
R: the function 'wait' is not what I want since the scripts are
submitted as different jobs and each of them completes and writes its
output file at different times, but I actually want to run the
subsequent script after all of the outputs appear. Can you please help
me find a solution?

Thank you very much
-fra