[R] Simple Question About Exporting Back to Excel

RCar ryan.carstens at utsouthwestern.edu
Wed Sep 26 23:11:36 CEST 2012

All,
Relatively new R user so this is probably an easy question to answer.
I am able to generate a cluster for my dataset using hclust() then ploting
the data with plot().
This results in an image with a dendrogram with my sample names along the
bottom.  Great!
However, I now need a way to get that sample order from the image into
excel.
i.e. sample 7 was on the far left, sample 19 was in position 2, sample 93
was in position 3, etc.
As of now the only way for me to do this is to manually type the samples
from the image into a worksheet.
Very time consuming as I've got a couple hundred samples and several
different dendrograms!
Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!