[R] Read data from .csv file as a matrix and compare the different between two matrix

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 05:08:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

Not quite understand your question.  Suppose the columns of one matrix (matrix1) have multiple 1's while matrix 2 have only 0's, do you mean that the difference should be 0 for that column?

Anyway, the result that you wanted for this example can be got from:
mat1<-read.table(text="
 A  B C
 0  1 0
 0  0 1
 0  0  0
",sep="",header=TRUE)

mat2<-read.table(text="
 A  B  C
 0  1  0
 0  0  0
 0  0  0
",sep="",header=TRUE)
library(plyr)
join(mat1,mat2,type="inner")
#   A B C
#1 0 1 0
#2 0 0 0
#3 0 0 0
#This solution may not work in situations like the one I mentioned above.
A.K.