[R] bwplot(): Can Panel Heading Span Two Lines? [RESOLVED]

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Sep 10 22:48:13 CEST 2012

In addition, try this:

x <- rep(1:10,2); y <- runif(20);f<-factor(rep(paste("This
is\nLevel",1:2),e=10))
xyplot(y~x|f,
  par.strip.text=list(lineheight=.8,lines=3))

I find the documentation here confusing and incomplete:
"par.strip.text" is listed as a parameter both in ?xyplot and
?strip.custom. The arguments are apparently different in the two
cases, although they are not clearly spelled out in either, although I
would guess that the default setting in ?strip.default, "add.text,"
may explain strip.default's. Note that the "lines" component is
missing, for strip.custom() but apparently works in xtplot().

Cheers,
Bert