[R] R/C++ interfaces: crashes when using .c(), followed by correct results when R restarted

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 11:31:52 CEST 2012

First, the posting guide asks you to send questions about compiled code
to the R-devel list.

These are all classic symptoms of the use of uninitialized variables or
writing out of bounds, but of which you can catch by using valgrind: see
'Writing R Extensions'.  They are much harder to find on Windows (which
although you did not tell us your OS, is what this looks like).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk