[R] Help with R invoking

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:30:59 CEST 2012

On 26/09/2012 11:03 AM, Li, Jianying (NIH/NIEHS) [C] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered a very strange error with R (2.14.1).
>
> I tried to build an R package and eventually worked (passing all the checks etc.). Then, I tried this command "R CMD INSTALL --binary pkg", which supposedly "installs and produce a binary source archive (*.zip) for use on Windows only."
>
> Nothing happened, but I could not run "R CMD check pkg" anymore. Further, when I tried to invoke R, I had \
>
> Warning message:
> In normalizePath(c(new, .Library.site, .Library), "/") :
>    path[1]="": No such file or directory
>
> I looked through all the document but could not find an answer.
>
> Could you please provide some hint?

Please try to put together a reproducible example.  It looks sort of
like symptoms of having a bad package name in your DESCRIPTION file,
which was fixed quite recently (after 2.15.1):

  * A malformed package name could cause |R CMD INSTALL| to write
outside the target library.

You can try a nightly build of R-patched if you can make the problem
reproducible.  If it's not fixed yet, please send me instructions on how
to reproduce.  (That probably means sending me a copy of your pkg source.)

Duncan Murdoch