[R] Error message in dredge function (MuMIn package) with binary GLM

Cat Cowie cat.e.cowie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 07:14:30 CEST 2013

Hi all,

My replies within the forum aren't getting approved, though my emails
always go through, so here is my reply to a question I previously
posted (all questions and answers shown). Thanks, Cat

I'm having trouble with the model generating 'dredge' function in the MuMIn
'Multi-model Inference' package.

Here's the script:

globalmodel<- glm(TB~lat+protocol+tested+
streams+goats+hay+cattle+deer,
family="binomial")
chat<- deviance(globalmodel)/59 #There we 59 residual degrees of freedom in
this global model.
models<- dredge(globalmodel, beta=FALSE, evaluate=TRUE, rank="AICc",
chat=chat, fixed=NULL, trace=FALSE)

And the error message is:

Error in UseMethod("logLik") :
  no applicable method for 'logLik' applied to an object of class "logical"

I have trawled the literature and it seems to be ok to use a binary GLM as
the global model - could this be the problem? The variables are a mix of
binary and continuous data.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Cat

Kamil Barton
Mar 30, 2013; 9:48am

Re: Error message in dredge function (MuMIn package) used with binary GLM

2 posts
'rank' should be "QAICc".
AICc does not have argument 'chat', hence the error.

kamil

CatCowie
Mar 30, 2013; 10:35am

Re: Error message in dredge function (MuMIn package) used with binary GLM

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for your help. I do want to use rank="QAICc", but I when I try
it I get the following error message:

Error in get(as.character(FUN), mode = "function", envir = envir) :
  object 'QAICc' of mode 'function' was not found

Do I need to install another package that would recognise this?

When I leave the script with rank="AICc" (to see if it will run), and
having removed "chat" (which I put in after previously recieving an
error message about it being missing from the formula), I still get my
original error message:

Error in UseMethod("logLik") :
  no applicable method for 'logLik' applied to an object of class "logical"

Any further thoughts?
Thanks, Cat