[R] Make cdf package error Human Exon array

Maria Arnedo Munoz marnedo at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 19:15:12 CEST 2013

Hello everybody!

I am not sure if this is the way for asking because I am new in this
kind of "help-website" so, please if I am wrong tell me.

I am trying to make a cdf package for the Human Exon Array chip from
Affymetrix (HuEx-1_0-st-v2). I have downloaded the file
HuEx-10-st-v2.cdf from the Affymetrix website and write the following
commands in the R program:

library(makecdfenv)
pkgpath<-tempdir()
make.cdf.package("HuEx-1_0-st-v2.text.cdf",cdf.path="/Working/",compress=F,
species = "Homo_sapiens", package.path = pkgpath)

It costs me a lot of time and most of the RAM memory of my computer
and at the end the following message appears:

Reading CDF file.
Error in .Call("reaD file", as.character(file), as.integer(3),
as.integer(compress), :promise already under evaluation: recursive default
argument reference or earlier problems?

I have no idea if I am doing anything wrong or if there is a better
method for making the package, so any help will be really welcome.

Thank you,

Maria

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.