[R] Can package plyr also calculate the mode?

ramoss ramine.mossadegh at finra.org
Wed Apr 3 23:25:52 CEST 2013

I am trying to replicate the SAS proc univariate in R.  I got most of the
stats I needed for a by grouping in a data frame using:

all1 <- ddply(all,"ACT_NAME", summarise, mean=mean(COUNTS), sd=sd(COUNTS),
         q25=quantile(COUNTS,.25),median=quantile(COUNTS,.50),
q75=quantile(COUNTS,.75),
              q90=quantile(COUNTS,.90), q95=quantile(COUNTS,.95),
q99=quantile(COUNTS,.99) )
So I got the mean, median std dev, quantiles etc.

IS there any way I can add the mode to the mixt. Thanks ahead for any
suggestions.