[R] Deviance in Zero inflated models

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 04:21:56 CEST 2013

Lia McKinnon <l.mckinnon101 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am running some zero inflated models and would like to know what the
> deviance of the models. Unlike running a normal GLM where the deviance is
> displayed in the summary all that is displayed in a summary of the zero
> inflated model is the log likelihood.  I hope this isn't a read the manual
> question, and if it is I apologize for wasting your time, but if you could
> still send me a link of where I might find this information I would be very
> grateful!

  are you looking for -2*logLik(model) ... ?  This is the usual
definition of the deviance (there are sometimes some subtle issues
about the baseline model/additive constant).

  It would also be helpful to say what package you're using (pscl?),
since zero-inflated models are not part of base R ...

  Ben Bolker