[R] a question about clustering

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Thu Apr 4 15:52:49 CEST 2013

If you know what the groups are, why do you want to use cluster analysis?
You haven't told us what the goal of your analysis is. If it is to find
combinations of the variables A:F that will predict to what group an object
belongs, you probably want discriminant analysis. If you are trying to find
groups within the known groups, you could cluster the groups separately.

David L Carlson
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352