[R] categorized complete list of R commands?

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:44:21 CEST 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:34 AM, ivo welch <ivo.welch at anderson.ucla.edu> wrote:

> every time I read the R release notes for the next release, I see many
> functions that I had forgotten about and many functions that I never knew
> existed to begin with.  (who knew there were bibtex facilities in R?
> obviously, everyone except me.)
>
> I wonder whether there is a complete list of all R commands (incl the
> standard packages) somewhere, preferably each with its one-liner AND
> categorization(s).  the one-liner can be generated from the documentation.
> I am thinking one categorization for function area (e.g., "programming
> related" for, say, deparse; and "statistical model related" for lm; and
> another categorization for importance (e.g., like "common" for lm and
> "obscure" for ..).  Such categorizations require intelligence.
>
> if I am going to do this for myself, I think a csv spreadsheet may be a
> good idea to make it easy to resort by keys.

I don't think all if those exist already, but the help system gives indices for each package and, within the core packages, things are relatively well categorized simply by knowing the package they're in. Not a full answer, but perhaps saves you a bit of time.

Michael