[R] error message

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:59:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I have the same question as Harriet to sent it almost a year ago but could not find a response.I want to run exploratory factor analysis and after turning my data into a matrix I want to look at the stats. However I get this error message "One of your variables is a constant. Constants are disallowed as part of a scale" when using paf function.Any idea why?

Probably one of your variables is a constant.

You should probably check
summary(yourdata)
to find out what's wrong.

We can't provide much more help because of the lack of reproducible
example (or even context from the previous question). In particular,
"turning my data into a matrix" sounds potentially problematic. You
should also specify what the paf() function is, including where you
got it, as it doesn't seem to be part of base R.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org