[R] problems with text in plots when using illustrator

yanboulanger yan.boulanger at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Apr 8 21:28:45 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

I have some problems with plots (any) saved from R (saved from the menu). It
seems that text (either plot titles or axes) is sometimes not "concatenated"
in a full "vector" (Illustrator-speaking). I mean, sometimes, a given title
is broken in several different chunks even though in R, it's in one "block".
Moreover, axis values (especially those < 10) are most of the times "pasted"
in a single Illustrator vector whereas a given axis values should be a
single vector in Illustrator. This cause problem when trying to edit the
plots within Illustrator. All plots are saved in *.eps. I'm using
Illustrator CS5.
Many thanks!
Yan