[R] problems with text in plots when using illustrator

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 9 10:49:39 CEST 2013

Hi

What you are seeing may be the effect of kerning.
Try pdf(..., useKerning=FALSE)

Also, make sure that you actually need to use Illustrator.  It is
possible that you might be able to do your customisations or refinements
in R, which will greatly improve the chances of being able to
replicate/automate your task.

Paul

--
Dr Paul Murrell