[R] Problems with the DSL package

Vini nicolas_vincent at rocketmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:28:16 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to use R with an distributed File system (HDFS) and when I launch
a MapReduce job with DSL package, I've got this message :
*"Streaming Command Failed!
Error in !unlist(lapply(chunks, is.null)) : invalid argument type"*

I am using the Cloudera CDH4 Virtual Machine, R version is 2.15.3 and Hadoop
0.20.2 CDH3u4.

Commands lines :
/library(DSL)
storage<-DStorage(type="HDFS", base_dir="/user/cloudera/dc")
dl <- DList( line1 = "This is the first line.", line2 = "Now, the second
line.", DStorage=storage )
res <- DLapply( dl, function(x) unlist(strsplit(x, " ")) )/

Somebody knows something about this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Vincent.