[R] Stat question: How to deal w/ negative outliers?

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Apr 12 19:39:35 CEST 2013

If your limits have been appropriately set and the lower outlier bound is -120, obviously not.

However, if your data are constrained positive and unusually small values are as likely to be erroneous as unusually large values, you probably should have set the bounds differently.

Try taking logs and see if that gives you a more or less symmetric distribution?

S Ellison