[R] the joy of spreadsheets (off-topic)

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Tue Apr 16 19:59:16 CEST 2013

When in doubt, assume the spreadsheet is wrong.  I suggested this to someone have a problem with R vs Excel results  a while ago.  When I checked back with him -- there was a spreadsheet error.

I think a t-shirt with the motto "Friends don't let friends use spreadsheets"[1] sounds like a good idea.  Unfortunately I am not artistic enough to do a design.

1. Slight paraphrase of J. D Cryer's statement http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jcryer/JSMTalk2001.pdf

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada