[R] 10% off Intro R training from RStudio: NYC May 13-14, SF May 20-21

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 20:23:23 CEST 2013

Hi Bert,

We are following the mailing list guidelines to the best of our
knowledge (e.g.
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/R-development-master-class-NYC-Dec-12-13-td4037031.html#a4038699).
It's our belief (as shared by others) that advertising our courses
falls under the general aegis of helping people learn R.

Our goal is for RStudio to be a net positive to R the community. We
support the R foundation, R user groups, do a lot of teaching for
free, and develop a lot of open-source software like the RStudio IDE,
shiny, ggplot2 and devtools. Public courses help fuel our development
and hence benefit the R community.

Hadley

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Bert Gunter <gunter.berton at gene.com> wrote:
> Hadley:
>
> I don't think this is appropriate. Think of what it would be like if everyone shilled their R training and consulting wares here.
>
> Bert
>
> Sent from my iPhone -- please excuse typos.
>
> On Apr 16, 2013, at 8:09 AM, Hadley Wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> At RStudio, we're hosting our Introduction to R Workshop this May in
>> two locations. As an R-help subscriber, we're offering 10% off!
>>
>> * Intro to data science with R (http://goo.gl/bplg3)
>>  May 13-14 New York City
>>
>> * Intro to data science with R (http://goo.gl/VCUFL)
>>  May 20-21 San Francisco Bay Area
>>
>> What will you learn?
>>
>> Practical skills for visualizing, transforming, and modeling data in
>> R. During this two-day course, you will learn how to explore and
>> understand data as well as how to do basic programming in R. Our
>> courses incorporate a mix of lectures and hands-on learning. Expect to
>> learn about a topic and then immediately put it into practice with a
>> small example. Plenty of help will be available if you get stuck. You
>> can read more about our training philosophy at
>> http://www.rstudio.com/training/philosophy.html
>>
>> To see prices, precise locations and to register:
>>
>> * for the NY course: http://rstudio-nyc.eventbrite.com/
>> * for the SF course: http://rstudio-bay.eventbrite.com/
>>
>> We have limited discounts for students (66% off) and academics (33%
>> off) - please contact josh at rstudio.com for details. To thank the
>> R-help community for being such a great resource, we'd also like to
>> offer all R-help subscribers a 10% discount. Just enter "rhelpftw" as
>> a promotional code get 10% off!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hadley
>>
>> PS. Would you like us to offer these courses (or others!) in your
>> area? Please let us know at
>> http://www.rstudio.com/training/workshops/
>>
>> --
>> Chief Scientist, RStudio