[R] R process slow down after a amount of time

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 16 22:28:48 CEST 2013

Le 16/04/13 15:52, Chris82 a écrit :
> Hi R users,
>
> I have mentioned that R is getting slower if a process with a loop runs for
> a while. Is that normal?
> Let's say, I have a code which produce an output file after one loop run.
> Now after 10, 15 or 20 loop runs the time between the created files is
> stongly increasing.
> Is there maybe any data which fill some memory?
>

> Chris

I try your idea but I don't find anyt time difference. Could you more
explicit ?

Marc

##### loop time ######

tm <- rep(Sys.time(), 1000)
k <- 1

for (i in 1:1e7) {
   if (i%%10000==0) {
     tm[k] <- Sys.time()
     k <- k+1
   }
}
plot(1:999, diff(tm), bty="n", type="l", ylim=c(0, 0.05))

Marc Girondot, Pr

Laboratoire Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution
Equipe de Conservation des Populations et des Communautés
CNRS, AgroParisTech et Université Paris-Sud 11 , UMR 8079
Bâtiment 362
91405 Orsay Cedex, France

Tel:  33 1 (0)1.69.15.72.30   Fax: 33 1 (0)1.69.15.73.53
e-mail: marc.girondot at u-psud.fr
Web: http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/Marc.html
Skype: girondot