[R] Tables package - remove NAs and NaN

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:19:24 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM, David Winsemius
<dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2013, at 1:00 AM, David Winsemius wrote:
>

>> On Apr 23, 2013, at 12:53 AM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>>
>>> Dear David,
>>> I'm having the exact same issue as Santosh, and looking at the fix
>>> that you've provided it seems to me that results are slightly
>>> different.
>>>
>> Reverse the order of arguemtns to `interaction`:
>>
>> tabular( (`p a`=interaction(a,p, drop=TRUE, sep=" ")) ~ (N = 1) + (b + c)*
>>              (mean+sd),data=q)
>
> I suppose that instead of making transpositions in the word `argument`, I should also have instead transposed the columns labels:
>
>> tabular( (`a p`=interaction(a,p, drop=TRUE, sep=" ")) ~ (N = 1) + (b + c)*
> + (mean+sd),data=q)
>
>         b           c
>  a p N  mean sd     mean sd
>  1 A 10 12.8 0.7888 52.1 8.020
>  3 A 10 14.6 3.7771 56.5 6.980
>  2 B 10 16.3 3.0569 54.9 8.71

Thanks! The following nicely reproduces the original table:
##notice the +1
tabular( (`a p`=interaction(a,p, drop=TRUE, sep=" ") +1) ~ (N = 1) + (b + c)*
             (mean+sd),data=q)

        b           c
 a p N  mean  sd    mean sd
 1 A 10 14.20 3.490 52.2  6.779
 3 A 10 16.10 2.807 59.8  7.115
 2 B 10 13.90 2.807 55.1 11.060
 All 30 14.73 3.107 55.7  8.836

One last bit of nitpick: Is it possible to avoid duplicate printing of
the 'A' label? With a small toy data set that is OK, but if you have
~7 categories then the resulting table can be very crowded.

Regards,
Liviu