[R] extract function extracting only NA values

Fabio Berzaghi fabe at dmu.dk
Wed Apr 24 13:10:27 CEST 2013

Hello,

I have five raster files in ASCII format. With four of them I have no
problem extracting values based on a set of X and Y coordinates.
Unfortunately with one of the files all I managed to extract is NA
values. To verify the problem I have opened the raster with ArcMap and
there are no NA values where I am extracting. I have also plotted the
spatial point class on top of the raster in R and it does correspond to
the correct locations.

These are some of the commands I am using, and as I already pointed out
that works perfectly with other raster files.

sp<-SpatialPoints(xysp)
xy$rasterimg<-extract(rasterimg,sp)

Can anyone help? At this point I am rather clueless about this.

Thanks