[R] identify object that causes "Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘R.utils’"

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:48:01 CEST 2013

> I must admit that I'm a bit surprised by this. I was always under the
> impression that saving/restoring workspaces was the proper workflow in
> R. If you use R interactively (e.g., not by running scripts), how else
> would you store your data, intermediary results, etc., while working
> on a project? Am I missing something?

You don't _store_ intermediate results - you recreate them from your
script.  If they are time consuming, then you can use readRDS/saveRDS
to cache the results. If you don't start with a clean workspace
frequently, it's difficult to tell whether or not your code is
reproducible.

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio