[R] [r] Problems with Fortran calls when loaded a dll compiled with gfortran-4 Cygwin 4.5.3

R. Michael Weylandt <michael.weylandt@gmail.com> michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 21:33:46 CEST 2013

On Apr 24, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Jens Olofsson <jens.olofsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. I apologise for not understanding. So, I have installed R-tools. It
> changed my PATH-variable. I didn't installed Cygwin dlls as stated by
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset.
> Instead my PATH-variable contains the path to the Cygwin dlls AFTER the
> path to R... So, I started RTerm (32-bit) and tried > R CMD SHLIB mango.f95

Repeating what Duncan said -- R CMD SHLIB is to be done outside of R, not within R.

Some recent discussion also suggests its perhaps easier to do this with RStudio + devtools as part of a package than as a standalone shared object.

MW