[R] R Interactive Mode

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Apr 25 09:33:41 CEST 2013

On 04/24/2013 06:53 PM, Hrachya Astsatryan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are doing some research about the time series analysis of NDVI, and
> we found the NDVITS package which is a very great tool.
> Unfortunately when we run it, after  TimeSeriesAnalysis it asks to enter
> "Village or Country".
>
> library("ndvits", lib.loc="/home/vahe/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.15")
> ndvidirectory=paste(system.file("extdata/VITO_Mzimba",
>                                   package="ndvits"), "/", sep="")
> region="Mzimba"
> Ystart=2004
> Yend=2006
> shape="SLP_Mzimba"
> shapedir=paste(system.file("extdata/shape", package="ndvits"),
>                  "/", sep="")
> outfile = "mzimbaTS2.txt"
> outfile2 = "MzimbaTS2.pdf"
> outfiel3 = "my.pdf"
> signal = TimeSeriesAnalysis(shape, shapedir, ndvidirectory, region,
> Ystart, Yend, outfile, outfile2)
>

> How it is possible to call the package by default indicating Village
> option /we don't want to enter the parameter and don't want to change
> anything in the code which is quite difficult/.

Hi Hrach,
I thought I would have a shot at this, and it has been an education.
There are a lot of dependencies. I was unable to trace which function
asks the question "Village or Country" and it may be hidden. As a guess,
I would say that this disambiguates names that may refer to both an area
and a part of that area. Perhaps you could try something like:

region="Mzimba (Village)"

Jim