[R] How are R version types named ? Any convention (like Hurricanes etc)

Ajay Ohri ohri2007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:46:17 CEST 2013

With reference to R News

News:

R version 3.0.0 (Masked Marvel) has been released on 2013-04-03.
R version 2.15.3 (Security Blanket) has been released on 2013-03-01
R version 2.15.2 (Trick or Treat) ....
R version 2.15.1 ("Roasted Marshmallows") ...
R version 2.15.0 ("Easter Beagle")
R version 2.14.0 ("Great Pumpkin")

Dear R help List,

How are these version types named? Masked Marvel comes after Security
Blanket comes after Trick or Treat comes after Roasted Marshmallows.
Is it some convention like that for Hurricanes in the West.

It is totally incomprehensible to me as I am in India.

Sincerely,

Ajay Ohri

Author-
R for Business Analytics