[R] installing package

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 25 14:30:49 CEST 2013

On 04/25/2013 12:19 AM, Gitte Brinch Andersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install a package (bioconductor) but every time I try to install it I get this message:
>
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> Warning in install.packages("BiocInstaller", repos = a["BioCsoft", "URL"]) :
>    'lib = "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.0.0/library"' is not writable
> Error in install.packages("BiocInstaller", repos = a["BioCsoft", "URL"]) :
>    unable to install packages

Hi Gitte -- this and your Mac path problems are really a question for the
Bioconductor mailing list

I don't know the answer to your path problem, but the package author monitors
that list and will be able to help.

I would have expected the attempt run the biocLite.R script to result in a
dialog that asks 'Would you like to use a personal library instead?', to which
you should answer 'yes'.

If for some reason you do not want to answer 'yes', then read the help page
?.libPaths

Hope that helps, and please ask your questions about Bioconductor packages on
the Bioconductor mailing list.

Martin