[R] Help with dataEllipse function

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Fri Apr 26 14:22:23 CEST 2013

On 4/25/2013 8:00 PM, Jana Makedonska wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am working with the R function "dataEllipse". I plot the 95% confidence
> ellipses for several different samples in the same plot and I color-code
> the ellipse of each sample, but I do not know how to specify a different
> line pattern for each ellipse. I can only modify the pattern for all
> ellipses with the "lty" argument. Any help will be highly appreciated.

lty is not an argument of car::dataEllipse, but is passed via ...
So, when you use the groups= argument, only a single value gets used.
You would have to modify the function to allow what you want.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods